Bangkok, 14 August, 2017 – The 18th World Gourmet Festival is returning to Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel from 4 – 10 September 2017 with eleven chefs extraordinaire from eight countries.
This year, Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel partnered with Sanpellegrino to invite Michelin-starred chefs and chefs who are included in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants and Australia’s Top Restaurants lists, as well as some returning familiar faces.
Confirmed to participate in the 18th annual World Gourmet Festival are:
– Guillaume Galliot: Caprice at Four Seasons, Hong Kong (2 Michelin stars)
– Shinichiro Takagi: Restaurant Zeniya in Kanazawa, Japan (2 Michelin stars)
– Cristina Bowerman: Glass Hostaria in Rome, Italy (1 Michelin star)
– Miguel Laffan: L’AND Vineyards in Alentejo, Portugal (1 Michelin star)
– Costardi Brothers Christian and Manuel: Ristorante Christian e Manuel in Vercelli, Italy
(1 Michelin star)
– Jason Tan: Corner House Singapore (1 Michelin star)
– Hiroaki Ishizuka: Kien in Tokyo, Japan (1 Michelin star)
– Anatoly Kazakov: Selfie Restaurant & Bar in Moscow, Russia
(The World’s 50 Best Restaurants)
– Jock Zonfrillo: Restaurant Orana in Adelaide, Australia (Australia’s Top Restaurants)
– Bobby Chinn: Restaurant Bobby Chinn in Hanoi, Vietnam
Each guest chef will host two dinners in one of the hotel’s award winning Madison, Spice Market, Shintaro, and Biscotti restaurants. The ever popular exclusive fringe events in the hotel’s iconic lobby and Aqua Bar, like the Taittinger Champagne Journey, return and, following on from the success of last year’s inaugural Fragrance Dinner, where classic fragrances were expertly matched with fine wines and unique dishes, this year’s late afternoon formal affair on 9th September will see the addition of fashion and fine art in a Bangkok first.
As has become a tradition and crowd pleaser in recent years, the inimitable Chef Bobby Chinn, renowned restauranteur and TV personality from Hanoi, will close the 18th World Gourmet Festival with the hugely popular World Gourmet Brunch on 10 September, during which he will cook up a storm and rock the house with his band.
The 18th World Gourmet Festival is a proud supporter of HRH Princess Soamsawali AZT Fund For Pregnant Women Of The Thai Red Cross Society. The 600 Baht per dinner ticket sold and proceeds from the auctions, which take place throughout the Festival, will be donated to the Fund.
Reservations for the 18th World Gourmet Festival at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel are essential and can be made by visiting www.worldgourmetfestival.asia, where detailed information and prices of all the events are available.
Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel’s 18th World Gourmet Festival is presented in collaboration with Sanpellegrino, and sponsored by Citibank N.A., Mercedes Benz (Thailand) Ltd., Tourism Authority of Thailand, Turkish Airlines, Bangkok 101, Prestige Thailand and HELLO! Thailand.