- 802 new cases (up 5% from previous day’s cumulative total) of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand bringing the total number of cases to date to 17,023.
- Of these, 67% (11,396) have recovered, 0.5% (76) have died, and 33% (5,551) are receiving treatment or are in isolation. No new deaths were reported today.
- The 802 laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include
- 19 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities and 2 individuals who had entered Thailand through the land border.
- 89 cases were linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases in Samut Sakhon (79), Bangkok (7), Ayutthaya (2) and Ang Thong (1).
- The remaining 692 cases reported today are migrant workers (521) and Thai nationals (171) who were identified in relation to the event in Samut Sakhon through contact tracing and active case finding in Samut Sakhon (686),
Bangkok (3), Nonthaburi (1), Sa Kaeo (1) and Rayong (1). This brings the cumulative total in this group to 7,664 cases.
- Locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases have now been reported in 63 provinces. No additional provinces reported new cases today.
- The 10 provinces reporting more than 50 cumulative cases are Samut Sakhon (8,684), Bangkok (745), Chonburi (648), Rayong (578), Samut Prakan (341), Chanthaburi (221), Nonthaburi (162), Ang Thong (113), Pathum Thani (86), and Nakhon Pathom (77).
Source: World Health Organization