EGAT Governor chaired the event “VIP Preview : Finding Eternal Light,” to check the readiness of EGAT Learning Center at EGAT Headquarters, the 5th learning center of EGAT, before opening for public.
On April 10, 2018 at EGAT Learning Center, EGAT Headquarters, Bang Kruai District, Nonthaburi Province, Mr. Kornrasit Pakchotanon, EGAT Governor, chaired the event “VIP Preview : Finding Eternal Light” that was also attended by EGAT executives and personnel. The center will open for public after the readiness is completely ensured.
The EGAT Governor said that he is pleased that the learning center is beneficial for the country, people, and the society. However, with a lot of information, the center might be expanded in the future. The digital system such as applications and websites should be integrated to attract the public attention, which will bring about inspiration. All of the information must be always updated as well.
Mrs. Tasneenart Pruksapaiboon, Director of Design and Construction Management Division, a corporate unit in charge of the learning center’s design, said that the center was built under the EGAT strategy “Learning for Society” since 2012. It is EGAT’s fifth learning center which has been designed under the standards of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), TREES, and Universal Design, in compliance with EGAT Eco Plus strategy.
Inside the center, there are 7 zones namely:
(1) “Spark” where the visitors can register and receive RFID used to become AVATAR, characters to have adventurous experience in the energy world.
(2) “The First Light” which shows a 4D movie telling the first day the world experiences electricity until the demand keeps rising.
(3) “Rebalance” where the visitors will experience the balance life among humans, nature, and technology.
(4) “Pride of Chao Phraya” which shows the EGAT missions for the happiness of all Thais.
(5) “Innovations for life” which shows EGAT operations with the timeline of the world energy situations.
(6) “Sustainable World” where the energy situation in many countries including Thailand is shown.
(7) “Finding Light” where the visitors will assess all knowledge gained.
Moreover, there is a temporary exhibition which currently shows the benevolence of His Majesty King Bhumibol towards EGAT under the theme “Eternal Light.”
“Learning for society” is EGAT 10-Year Strategy (2016-2026) which contributes to the construction of “EGAT Learning Centers” across the country. The centers aim to share with the society the knowledge and experiences on electricity generation with care for society and environment so that this knowledge will be further disseminated and applied for daily life and for energy saving.
Apart from the learning center at EGAT Headquarters, EGAT owns other 4 centers namely Mae Moh Mine Museum in Lampang Province, Rajanurak Learning Center at Srinagaring Dam in Kanchanaburi Province, Chana Learning Center in Songkhla Province, and Thap Sakae Learning Center in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province. Moreveor, there are other 3 centers in the process of design and construction namely Lam Takhong Learning Center in Nakhon Ratchasima Province, San Kamphaeng Learning Center in Chiang Mai Province, and Pha Bong Learning Center in Mae Hong Son Province.