In wake of worsening traffic congestion problem in Bangkok Metropolis, the Metropolitan Police Bureau has imposed a ban on parking and stopping of cars on several roads and soi in Bangkok effective as of this Saturday to facilitate traffic flow.
According to the Royal Gazette website, parking is prohibited around the clock on the following roads and soi:
* Both sides of Chaiyapruek road from Boromratchachonee road to Soi Chaiyaruek 18;
* Both sides of Phyathai road from Soi Chula12 to Samyan intersection;
* Both sides of Pattanakarn road from Soi Pattanakarn 19 to Soi Pattanakarn 35;
* Both sides of Soi Lat Phrao 35
* Both sides of Soi Lat Phrao 41, intersection 7;
No car parking or car stoppage on the following roads and soi:
* No parking or stoppage of cars on both sides of Soi Thonglor with 50 metres from Sukhumvit road;
* No parking during 6 am to 9 pm on Soi Thonglor from the 51th metre up to the 200th metre from Sukhumvit road with the exception of public holidays;
* No parking on both sides of Soi 7 of Rama III road from 6 am to 6 pm
* No parking on Trepetch road from Pahurat intersection to Chalermkrung intersection from 6 am to 9 am and from 4 pm to 8 pm.
Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)